Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Real life interferes

Well I have been busy doing "stuff" and not having much to show for it. However I did finish my gold bracelet and I am really happy with it. I used  a pattern from Lyn Morton's book 'Tatting Jewellery'. I do love this book it has so many pretty glossy pictures. I also used the gold metallic thread from her website and I love the crispness of the thread. And for once the picture almost as good as real life.

 Apart from that I have been using some old (vintage plus) jet beads that have come unstranded and have been playing with patterns to incorporate them. The jet gives a wonderful heavyness to the piece and some subtle shine also. I am almost tempted to do another row or two before I add the fittings. Maybe, we will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment