Monday, January 17, 2011

Tatting time and unwanted twists

Well I finally got around to finishing off some of the pieces that I have been doing. The bracelets are made using vintage edging patterns and I am fairly pleased with the results. Except, there is always an except isn't there. Except that used for the 2 bracelets with flowers develops an irritating little twist on every second chain.Yes I have double triple checked and that is the way the pattern goes. Needless to say I will not be doing it that way in future. So I have added flowers to keep the eye away from those twists. Got to say I am rather chuffed with the purple flower. Pretty pretty pretty! Or should I say lucky lucky lucky that it worked out so pretty. Whoopsee almost forgot earring at bottom left is a Yarnplayer pattern from her latest book. With the exception of the peach thread all threads are my own HDT's the green brown being Lizbeth and the others being DMC Cordonnet Special .

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty work. May I ask where you found the pattern for the bracelets with the flower centers.
    That is lovely. Your handdyed colors are beautiful.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. the band is an antique edging the flowers are just made up on the spot

    ReplyDelete